Marina from Books of Magic nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! She is an amazing blogger herself and one of the nicest people I know. If you aren’t following her, what are you waiting for??
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees.
7 Facts About Me
- I was in marching band in high school. I played the flute, and I had so much fun. Even during 12-hr outdoor practice days in the 90+ degree Georgia heat. For my freshman year, we did songs from Pirates of the Caribbean, and halfway through our performance we had a big fake pirate fight on the football field using our instruments. It was pretty amazing.
- I love having different hair colors. I’m a natural brunette, but I started dying my hair red when I was 21, and I just started venturing into the land of more abnormal hair colors last year. It’s so much fun! My most recent color is blue with bits of purple and very slight hints of green mixed in, and it’s sooooo pretty.
- I spent a lot of time tinikling in elementary school (see video for those who don’t know what tinikling is… which is probably like, everyone, cause no one ever knows what it is, lol). I don’t know why this traditional Philippine folk dance was included in my American elementary school curriculum, but it was, and I loved it. We tinikled (is that the verb? who knows) to very American songs, though. “Hey Mickey” by Toni Basil was always being played. It was a pretty strange “sport” (idk what it’s considered) to be involved in, and there were a lot of bruised ankles and fingers (being the pole clappers or whatever they’re called was the wooooorst), but there ya go, that was a thing I did.
- Magical realism is my favorite genre to read and write.
- I just landed a job as an assistant writer/proofreader for an online company, and I’ve literally never been more excited about a job in my life. I’m finally getting to put my Bachelor’s degrees to use and do something I love!
- I looooove steamed rice. The smell of it, the taste of it, everything about it! It’s just so good!
- I don’t wear makeup that much anymore, but when I do, I love using fun, dramatic colors. Oranges and yellows are my favorite right now. I never understood the point of natural-looking eye makeup — it’s just no fun!
Literally every one of you is a lovely blogger, and I just can’t narrow it down more than that to tag specific bloggers. So if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged! Feel free to link your response post in the comments 🙂